As a school, RVIS is doing an amazing job at keeping the campus virus-free, thank you! Now, the weather is decidedly cooler and dustier, we are more likely to experience coughs, colds, and sore throats and without a doubt, the most effective way to prevent the spread of our germs is to practice good, basic hygiene. Whilst the daily coronavirus cases are encouragingly on the lower side and a COVID-19 vaccine is becoming a reality, we still need to remain vigilant and compliant. Wearing a clean mask, Washing our hands regularly and Watching our distance are the proven ways to help keep the COVID cases down. Please remember the following:
1. Wash your hands with soap and water on a regular basis but especially before eating and after using the bathroom (use hand sanitizer if soap and water is not available). Effective hand
1. Washing requires 15 – 20 seconds of ‘scrubbing’ your hands.
2. Encourage those around you to cover their coughs and sneezes, either with a tissue or their elbow. Soiled tissues need to be disposed of immediately and hands cleaned.
3. Eat a diet rich in fresh vegetables and fruits, get a good night’s sleep and a daily dose of exercise!
4. Drink plenty! The temperature in Bahrain may have dropped but it is still essential that we stay well hydrated throughout the day.
5. If you are unwell, stay at home, rest, and recover. Children should not attend school if they are coughing uncontrollably, have an acute runny nose, high fever (or require medicine to keep their temperature normal), vomiting or diarrhea.
Ring 444 if you or a family member develops any signs or symptoms of Coronavirus and always inform the school.